Discover how to barbecue a delicious leg of lamb thanks to Neil’s Meats
- Select a butcher’s grass fed leg of lamb
- Marinate the lamb with salt and pepper, olive oil, rosemary and a hint of garlic. For a boneless leg, marinate the meat for about 4 to 6 hours, but for a bone-in leg, marinate overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook your lamb, pre-heat the barbecue to 180 degrees and wait until it’s hot.
- Turn the barbecue down to 150 degrees and put the leg of lamb inside*. Close the lid and leave to cook covered for 2.5 hours.
- Take the leg of lamb out and leave it to rest for approx 20 minutes – you can cover it in foil, this helps keep the juices in, leaving the meat tender, moist and juicy!
Serve your mouth-watering leg of lamb with some delicous homemade chutney, some yummy roast potatoes and a well-deserved glass of wine!
*Make sure you let the leg sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before you put it on the grill. If you’re rushed for time, buy an already seasoned Italian Butterfly Leg of Lamb from Neil’s Meats! Easy!!
Photo Credit: Ryan Snyder