- Start by peeling the grapefruit, making sure you remove all the white pith. Cut into discs 3-4 mm in thickness, making sure you catch as much juice as you can.
- Arrange the slices on a serving plate.
- Place the juice (you will need about a tablespoon) in a dish and add the onion and a pinch of salt.Leave for about ten minutes, or as long as it takes you do prepare the rest of the salad. remove the pip from the dates and slice thinly.
- Arrange evenly onto the grapefruit slices. Wash the radicchio leaves, removing any of the thick white spine in the leaves you do not want to eat.
- Shred the leaves to any size you like and scatter on the arranged grapefruit discs and sliced dates. Remove the onion slices from the juice and scatter on the radicchio leaves.
- Add EVOO to taste to the remaining juice and a small slash of white balsamic – mix well and pour on the salad. Scatter with the pistachios, freshly ground black pepper and serve your radicchio, pink grapefruit and date salad.
For more delicious Italian recipes by Paola from Italy on my Mind, click here.