- Pop the potatoes in a pot; cover with cold water and add a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes can be pierced with a knife. Once cooked drain and set aside to cool a little.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together the creme fraiche, lemon juice, zest and extra virgin olive oil and stir to combine. Grate in some horseradish and stir. Have a taste, and add more horseradish as needed.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl along with the onion, capers, tarragon or dill, and season with a pinch of salt and a generous pinch of cracked pepper.
- Carefully fold through the pea cress and serve your potato salad alongside your favourite protein.
Potato Salad with tarragon, horseradish and capers
Recipe by Tobie Puttock
This deliciously fresh potato salad serves 8.
- 24 small chat potatoes, scrubbed
- 200g creme fraiche
- Freshly grated horseradish to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup of freshly picked tarragon, or dill, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of pea cress or watercress
- Freshly cracked pepper