- For the perfect grilled peaches, pre-heat the oven to 180 C, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Brush the cut flesh surface of the peaches with extra virgin olive and place onto a pre-heated grill plate or BBQ for about 3 minutes, use a spatula to carefully lift and rotate the peaches 45 degrees and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes so will have lovely charred marks on the peaches.
- While the peaches cook, combine the wine, honey and vanilla seeds in a small pot. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer cooked peaches (cut side up) to the lined baking dish, pour the vanilla syrup over the top and pop into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the peaches are soft and tender.
- Serve warm with the syrup and pistachio nuts poured over the top as well as a healthy dollop of Greek Yoghurt.
Grilled Peaches, Greek yoghurt, honey & pistachios
Recipe by Tobie Puttock
This is a beautiful way to show case in season peaches during the summer months.
- 4 peaches, halved and stones removed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts, lightly smashed in mortar and pestle
- 1 tbsp of low-fat Greek style yoghurt (per portion)